Dyersburg State Community College
Location: Dyersburg, Tennessee
Client: Dober Lidsky Mathey, Inc.
Lose & Associates Inc. partnered with Dober Lidsky Mathey, a campus planning firm, to provide overall master planning design services to Dyersburg State Community College. Our firm provided the following services:
- Assess the current land use patterns and campus context
- Assess the current pedestrian and bicycle use patterns on campus and make recommendations related to needed improvements including ADA compliance issues
- Look at connections to the surrounding community, analyze the current vehicular and pedestrian traffic flows on and through the campus, and make recommendations for future modifications and improvements
- Review the current distribution of landscape and open space areas including recreation spaces and make recommendations to improve these spaces based on current use patterns and proposed campus expansions
- Assess the current storm drainage and hydrology patterns of the campus and provide recommendations for measures to address known issues and manage future impacts that could potentially be created by future developments
- Work with the College and the consultant team to develop overall campus sustainability recommendations to assist the College in reaching its sustainability goals
The consultant team recommendations incorporated and responded to input from the staff, faculty, and students for the development of the 2012 Campus Master Plan for Dyersburg State Community College and its three campuses.