Rabbit Hill Community Park
Location: Gwinnett County, Georgia
Client: Gwinnett County Department of Community Services
Working with both Gwinnett County staff and a steering committee of interested citizens, Lose & Associated first developed the master plan for this park. Besides the facilities that were developed in the first phase, the overall master plan included the expansion of an existing soccer complex, a separate area for an outdoor aquatic center, and several more large picnic and playground areas. After the master plan was complete, Lose & Associates then prepared construction documents and performed construction administration for the first phase of development.
- A multi-purpose field/football field complex with artificial turf
- A two-field soccer complex with natural turf
- A seven-field youth baseball complex
- Outdoor basketball court complex
- Outdoor sand volleyball court complex
- Outdoor badminton court complex with artificial turf
- Multiple concession/restroom buildings serving the sports complexes
- Multiple playground and picnic areas both at the sports complexes and in the park’s open natural areas.
- Several miles of paved walking trails
- A large lake that serves as an irrigation water source, storm detention, and a recreation amenity
- Traffic signals, turn lanes and a roundabout improvement to adjacent streets